|Extension of M-code loss case filing deadline||13 January, 2022|
|Continuing Professional Development Courses Offered by CityU SCOPE 2022||10 January, 2022|
The Taxation Institute of Hong Kong (“the Institute”) and the CityU School of Continuing and Professional Education (“SCOPE”) have jointly offered the Professional Diploma in Tax Advisory. While the 2022 intake of the Programme has already been commended in January 2022, SCOPE now offers an option for people who wish to take a specific module course instead of completing the full programme. Application deadline for module courses is 14 February 2022 (Monday).
The CPD course in International Tax Advisory enables students to understand why international double taxation typically arises and how it could be avoided. It aims to develop participants’ technical competencies in providing advisory services in international tax planning. Upon completion of this course, students should be able to identify common types of anti-avoidance provisions designed to counter specified forms of international tax planning and to communicate tax planning issues effectively in writing and verbally.
Online application: www.cityu.edu.hk/ce/pdta
Enquiries: email@example.com or 3442 7408
|TIHK website down for regular maintenance at 5-7 pm on 7 Jan 2022||7 January, 2022|
Dear Members and Students,
In order to continuously improve our online services, please be informed that the Institute’s website will be down for regular maintenance from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm on 7 January (Friday).
We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Should you have any enquiries, please contact the Secretariat at 2810 0438 during office hours (Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 6:30pm), or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Taxation Institute of Hong Kong
|TIHK 50th Anniversary – 2022 Membership Referral Scheme||3 January, 2022|
Terms and Guidelines
Apply for the Institute’s membership
How to receive the incentives
Upon successful payment of admission and annual registration fee, the membership application will be considered by the Membership and Member Service Committee and the Council. The review process takes approximately two to three weeks. The applicant will be contacted by the Secretariat should we require further information to proceed the application.
Enquiries (TIHK Secretariat)
Telephone: +852 2810 0438
|TIHK basic tax tips video: Tax Treaty 基本概念||3 January, 2022|
Please refer to https://www.tihk.org.hk/video-category/tax-tips/ for more videos.
|香港稅務師在深圳前海蛇口片區執業登記推薦函申請||24 December, 2021|
|TIHK Secretariat closed early at 2:00 pm on 24 and 31 December 2021||23 December, 2021|
|TIHK 50th Anniversary – Slogan Design Competition||23 December, 2021|
1. Each member / registered student can submit one entry only.
2. The theme for the Slogan Competition (“The Competition”) is “Leading Tax Profession – Serving Hong Kong for 50 Years”.
3. All entries must be the participants’ original works, which have never been published.
4. The slogan must be in both English AND Chinese, within 20 words/ characters for each of the English and Chinese versions, excluding punctuation marks.
5. The selected slogans will be published in all publications and promotional media of The Taxation Institute of Hong Kong (“The Institute” or “TIHK”), including but not limited to newsletters, social media platforms, email direct marketing circulars, websites and event booklets.
6. By submitting an entry in the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
7. Each entrant shall fully indemnify TIHK for all liabilities and costs should the entry submitted constitutes any infringement of intellectual property rights.
8. Each entrant by entering this Competition agrees to grant and assign exclusively to TIHK all the intellectual property rights, of and in the submitted entry.
9. TIHK reserves the right to refine, modify, use, or dispose of the entry in any way as it deems appropriate.
10. TIHK reserves the right to suspend or cancel the Competition or change any of the regulations governing the Competition without prior notice and disqualify any entrant for misconduct.
11. In any dispute, TIHK reserves the right to make the final and binding decisions.
The entries submitted will be judged by the TIHK 50th Anniversary Taskforce comprising of members appointed by the Council, according to the following judging criteria and weightings:
The award of the Competition are as follows:
Champion – 2022 CTA Conference Ticket x 1 and 2022 Gala Dinner Ticket x 1 and Full Waiver of 2022 Membership Fee
First runner-up – 2022 CTA Conference Ticket x 1 and 2022 Gala Dinner Ticket x 1 and HK$500 waiver of 2022 Membership Fee
Second runner-up – 2022 CTA Conference Ticket x 1 and 2022 Gala Dinner Ticket x 1 and E-coupon $50 x 2
All awardees will be invited to join the prize presentation ceremony in Nov 2022 Gala Dinner and can enjoy a 50% discount for buying an additional Gala Dinner Ticket.
Results will be announced through the Institute’s website and Facebook page on 28 January 2022 (Friday). Awardees will also receive a separate email sent from the Secretariat.
|TIHK Secretariat Office closed early at 2:00 pm on 21 December 2021||21 December, 2021|
|2021 Legislative Council General Election (Functional Constituencies – Accountancy)||17 December, 2021|
(If you are not a member of The Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA), you may ignore this notice.)