Important Dates & Fees
The Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) Qualifying Examination is to be held once a year, usually in October. Members and Registered Students of the Institute can enroll the CTA Examination online or fill in the enrollment form here.
The Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority administers the logistics of the Examination on behalf of the Institute.
Announcement of the examination results is scheduled to be made within twelve weeks after the date of the CTA Examination.
Timetable of 2022 CTA Examination
- Paper 1 – Accounting and Finance
- Wednesday, 19 October 2022, 2pm – 5pm
- Paper 2 – Hong Kong Tax
- Thursday, 20 October 2022, 9am – 12noon
- Paper 3 – International Tax
- Friday, 21 October 2022, 9am – 12noon
- Paper 4 – PRC Tax
- Thursday, 20 October 2022, 2pm – 5pm
- Paper 5 – Advanced Taxation Practice
- Friday, 21 October 2022, 2pm – 5pm
The exact venue of the 2022 CTA Examination will be announced in due course.
- Student Admission Fee:
- Student Annual Registration Fee:
- Examination Fee per Paper:
- Exemption Fee per Paper:
- Appeal Fee per Paper*:
Note*: A candidate may lodge an appeal to the Institute within two weeks after the announcement of the examination results if he/she has any doubt about the announced results of a Paper he/she has taken. The script concerned will be reviewed by the Institute.