- This event has passed.
20210506 Global CTA Tax Webinar – International Corporate Tax
Free of charge (for TIHK members & students only)
For registration, please visit https://form.jotform.com/210754735322048
Global CTA Tax Webinar – International Corporate Tax
Join us Thursday 6 May | 4:00–5:30pm HKT
A look at how the international corporate tax landscape has been affected by the BEPS project, the current OECD proposals for a multilateral global solution and what the future might hold.
The Tax Institute (in Australia), the Taxation Institute of Hong Kong, the Irish Tax Institute and the Chartered Institute of Taxation (in the UK) are pleased to announce a new series of Global CTA Tax Webinars. The first of these is on International Corporate Tax.
The past five or so years have seen considerable change in the international corporate tax landscape, primarily because of the G20/OECD BEPS project. Interest in this area remains high as the OECD seeks to build a consensus for a multilateral global solution. This project, and the recent COVID pandemic, raise interesting questions for the future of international corporate tax.
- What has been the impact of changes to the international tax system as a result of the BEPS project in recent years?
- How do the Pillar One and Pillar Two proposals address the perceived challenges posed by the digitalisation of the economy, particularly around fairness and allocation of taxing rights?
- Will a multilateral agreement be reached around the OECD proposals by mid-2021?
- How will multinational enterprises react to the Pillars if these are agreed and implemented?
- How could future trends in tax rates and tax base be affected by this?
- Will COVID have an impact on the global tax base, and what might the different implications be for developed and developing nations?David Murray
Our panel of tax experts from practice, academia and business will explore these questions and offer their perspectives, and the President of the Taxation Institute of Hong Kong, Webster Ng, will chair the debate.
The format will be short speeches / presentations from panellists followed by a discussion, with the opportunity for the audience to make comments and put questions to the panel using sli.do.
Members are welcome to join and view this debate for free. If you wish to do so CLICK HERE!
We very much look forward seeing you there!