Data (Privacy) Policy
You agree that any personal data (including but not limited to your name, telephone number and e-mail address etc) collected by The Taxation Institute of Hong Kong (the “Institute”) through this website are provided by you voluntarily. They will not be used for other purposes without your consent except for the purposes listed below:
The purposes of collecting personal data include:
- providing the products and services you have requested;
- administering and managing service offerings, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- to research and develop the Institute’s membership services;
- to gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for the Institute to provide you with a better service;
- to provide information to ensure compliance with the Institute’s legal obligations imposed by law and the Institute’s memorandum and articles of association in the case of members); and
- to provide you with access and information to a range of current and future service offerings;
Your attention is drawn to the exemptions under Part VIII of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486 of the laws of Hong Kong) under which the Institute may disclose your data without complying with the data protection principles.
The Institute reserves the right but undertakes no duty to review, edit or otherwise change this policy at its sole discretion and without notice.
In case of any discrepancy between the English version and Chinese versions in respect of all or any part of this policy, the English version shall prevail.