|Event Date :||31 December 2019 (Tuesday)|
|Fee :||HK $ 730 for TIHK member / student
HK $ 730 for Non-member
HK $ 730 for members of organizations of CPD Alliance
HK $ 370 for Students enrolling Paper 3 of 2019 CTA Exam
*Members and non-members who enroll in one of the Institute's regular CPD seminars to be held in November and December 2019 can enjoy a reduction of $250 for the Book*
The Taxation Institute of Hong Kong and Wolters Kluwer jointly publish International Tax Law and Practice which aims to assist students, tax professionals and businessmen to gain a good understanding of international tax law and practice, and prepare students for the Institute’s Certified Tax Adviser (CTA) Qualifying Examination Paper 3 – International Tax.
In an increasingly global business environment, individuals and corporations are exposed to taxation in jurisdictions where they are based, operate or from where they derive income. Many jurisdictions impose taxation under domestic tax rules on a tax residence basis, others on a jurisdictional or source basis. International taxation involves not only the study of the interaction between domestic legislation and international regulation to determine the taxing rights and the remedies available to alleviate double taxation, but also transfer pricing regulations to ensure that transactions are conducted on an “arm’s length” basis.
The Book includes the most up-to-date international taxation law, principles and practice and will help readers to understand:
- the basic principles of international taxation;
- the difference between economic and international double taxation and be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of why international double taxation occurs;
- the means by which international double taxation may be avoided;
- the difference between unilateral and bilateral double taxation relief;
- the nature of double tax agreements (“DTAs”) and how the typical clauses operate; and
- common anti-avoidance provisions in tax legislation to counter types of international tax planning.
Written by seasoned tax practitioners and reviewed by renowned academics and practitioners, International Tax Law and Practice is a comprehensive and updated reference for persons who wish to understand more about international taxation.